The Bilingual School of Monza
Via Confalonieri 18, Monza, Milan, 20052, Italy
Tel: (+39) 039 231 2282
Fax: (+39) 039 232 0591
National, UK, curricula.
111 students, 1-11 yrs
Play English/The Bilingual School of Monza was founded in 1995.
The school aims are:
1) to provide a 'full immersion' model of education (in English)
for the Early Years phase (ages 1-5).
2) to provide a bilingual model of education (Elementary school
phase) which will safeguard and respect every aspect of the two
major cultures as well as of all the other cultures represented
in the school.
The bilingual curriculum follows the guidelines given by both the
Italian and UK Ministries of Education and the school's programmes
of study are taught through the medium of both English and Italian,
by adopting a child-centred approach aiming to achieve academic
excellence and bilingual proficiency.
3) At the end of the Primary phase (or at any given time prior
to this), pupils should be able to integrate into either the International
or Italian state school systems and national tests or exams are
taken in order to guarantee this.
4) An active learning environment is promoted where children learn
through hands-on experiences and where pupils' interests and innate
curiosity are stimulated.
5) Cultural and linguistic diversity are promoted as an enriching
and positive feature of modern society and respect, tolerance and
appreciation towards diversity are encouraged.
6) The school also aims to promote the concept of 'European identity'.
7) The school offers a rich programme of extra curriculum activities,
eg music, swimming, ballet, sports, drama, art, computers and a
choice of modern foreign languages.
The school is housed in a recently renovated spacious building
which is fully equipped and offers facilities such as well resourced
classrooms, a library and video room, a computer suite and a music
room, a dining hall and a gym. The school is walking distance from
the beautiful park of Monza.